News & Announcements
- Science and Sustainability Engagement Series 2: Palm Tocotrienols Webinar
Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC), through the Science, Environment and Sustainability Division is pleased to present our science-based webinar series to update the palm oil industry stakeholders on the latest developments in the area of sustainability, environment, health and nutrition. Expert speakers in these fields will be invited to present on this platform regularly to create awareness and knowledge-building amongst industry stakeholders.
Webinar Series 2 Details:
Date: Wednesday, 2 June 2021
Time: 3.00 – 5.00 pm (GMT +8)
Online Platform: Zoom (REGISTRATION LINK: http://bit.ly/mpocwebinarseries-03)
Members of Nutrition Society Malaysia (NSM) are invited to participate in this webinar, as this will be an excellent opportunity to be updated on the latest developments in vitamin E tocotrienols research.
- 36th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) OF NUTRITION SOCIETY OF MALAYSIA (NSM)
The 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Nutrition Society of Malaysia (NSM) has been scheduled to be on Friday, 2 July 2021 at 5.30pm. Please note that the AGM will be conducted virtually on an online meeting platform taking into consideration the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic situation. Please check NSM website regularly for further updates on the AGM. The notice and documents of the AGM will also be shared to the members via email in due course. Please save the date to attend the 36th AGM. Download: Notice of 36th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Nutrition Society of Malaysia (NSM)
Leadership Webinar "Unlock the Leader in You"
Date: 9 July 2021
Time: 2.45 pm - 5.30 pm
Leadership Trainer: Dr Saw Horng Yuan (HRDF Certified Trainer)
i) Choose effective strategies for leadership development
ii) Recognise different perspectives on leadership and development
iii) Identify hindrance to leadership development
iv) Differentiate between a leader and a manager
Terms and Conditions
-- Registration of participation will be limited to 40 participants
-- Priority will be given to active NSM members and those who practice in the field of nutrition
-- Please note that your pre-registration is NOT confirmed until you receive a confirmation notice from the organiser.
Food Safety Guidelines: Managing Coronavirus in Food Processing Facility
Date: 25 May, 2021
Time: 10am to 12.00pm
Venuw: Teams Meeting Room
Registration ends 5pm, 21 May 2021.
Participation fees and How to Register, please click here
Nutrition 2021 Live Online | 7-10 June, 2021 https://meeting.nutrition.org.
A completely virtual event, provide opportunity to showcase research to a wide global audience in a convenient, travel-free format. The abstracts website is now open through February 8, 2021, and additional information is available at https://meeting.nutrition.org/abstracts. The accepted abstracts will be published in ASN’s open-access journal, Current Developments in Nutrition.
Palm International Nutra-Cosmeceutical Conference 2021 (PINC)
- Palm oil fatty acids: Busting the myths associated with saturated fatty acids.
- Palm tocotrienols: Science streamed towards disease prevention.
- Palm carotenes and palm phenolics: Emerging opportunities.
- The Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) will be organizing Palm International Nutra-Cosmeceutical Conference 2021 (PINC) in conjunction with a major Palm Oil Trade Fair & Seminar (POTS Digital 2021), a fully online virtual conference, from January 6 - 8, 2021. Considering the restrictions on physical events during these uncertain times due to Covid-19, MPOC will conduct PINC as a fully online, comprehensive digital conference, bringing together some of the best minds in human nutrition.Virtual PINC will be launched from 6-8 January 2021, comprising a 3-day access online presentation followed by a live Q & A session on 8 January 2021 (Time 11.00 a.m., GMT +8:00)
- The main topics include: Current challenges and emerging issues in palm oil nutrition.
- Registration is FREE of charge. Please register online at the following link. https://potsdigital.vfairs.com/en/registration - (Please select PINC at "Section of Interest").